Previously released for the PSP system, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY now arrives on the latest handheld offering from Sony Computer Entertainment. Combining fighting game elements with RPG-based character development, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY does what no other FINAL FANTASY title has done before, bringing to reality an all-star cast of fan-favorite FINAL FANTASY characters.
Placing players amidst a collision of good versus evil, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY delivers a dramatic storyline and expansive 3-D environments for a brand-new action game experience based on the renowned franchise that has shipped over 85 million units worldwide.
Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war.
Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken.
Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos's favor.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors... their fates have yet to be determined.
- Legacy: Experience the world of FINAL FANTASY presented in an action-packed environment where players can glide through the air and dash along walls
- All-new battle system: Action-based battle system combines all-out brawling with RPG-style character development in an original system developed by the creators of the KINGDOM HEARTS series
- All-star cast of characters: Fan-favorite heroes and villains from the entire FINAL FANTASY series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully voiced CG movies and real-time events
- Fantasy matches: Players can select their favorite FINAL FANTASY characters, be they aligned with Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their personal ultimate matchup
- Familiar series features: Powerful EX Burst attacks bring back memorable battle features from past games such as Limit Break and Overdrive. In addition, longtime fans of the series will enjoy traditions such as summoning monsters or controlling their characters through the classic menu-based system
- Community: Enhance the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items, sharing AI characters with other players and even engaging in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system’s ad hoc mode
- Exclusive new features: Features available only in the North American version include an Arcade Mode for an authentic fighting-game experience, a rebalanced battle system, the addition of new voiced events to the story mode and much more
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY is rated T (Teen) by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). For more information about the ESRB visit www.esrb.org. DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY is available on PlayStation Store for $39.99.
The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/dissidia/.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises — FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 50 million units worldwide — under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.
© 2009 Square Enix Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. DISSIDIA is a trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. KINGDOM HEARTS: © Disney. Developed by SQUARE ENIX