LOS ANGELES (March 9, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ will be available at North American retailers on August 23, 2011. The return to one of the most critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is an action RPG that offers open–ended, hybrid gameplay. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
"We are extremely excited and proud of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and cannot wait to finally let gamers experience this unique and captivating game," said Stephane D'Astous, general manager of Eidos–Montreal. "The team has worked incredibly hard these last few years to create an unforgettable universe which introduces franchise fans and new players alike to this powerful vision of the future, where the choices you make create your own personal gameplay experience."
Telling the story of Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his choice who finds himself in the middle of a global conspiracy to which he holds the key, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is set in a near–future world where humanity is at a turning point. By offering players the chance to play the game in multiple and vastly different ways, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION challenges the foundations of gaming and provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence.
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION will have an Augmented Edition that contains an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a 44–minute “making of” special, game soundtrack, motion–comic (adapted from DC’s official series), the E3 trailer and animated storyboard, and a 40–page art book.
Preorders are available today and include exclusive rewards to enhance the game play experience, including weapons, upgrades, bonus mission and credits.
"The DEUS EX video game franchise fundamentally altered our expectations for shooters and RPGs, and we are thrilled to continue and extend that powerful legacy with the release of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION this August," said Mike Fischer, president and chief executive officer, Square Enix, Inc. "This game vividly demonstrates Square Enix's commitment to deliver innovative and unique gameplay experiences that set new standards for quality. We are excited that the first game from our Eidos–Montreal studio is another groundbreaking entry into this legendary franchise."
The year is 2027, a time of great innovation in neuroprosthetics, but also a time of chaos and conspiracy and a new social divide. The “have ‘and “have–nots” are redefined by those who can afford augmentations and those who cannot. Adam Jensen is an ex–SWAT specialist who has been handpicked to oversee the defensive needs of one of America’s most experimental biotechnology firms. Badly wounded during an attack on the facility, Adam is mechanically augmented against his will and soon finds himself chasing down leads all over the world, never knowing who to trust. Adam begins to question the ethics around neuroprosthetics, and everything he thought he knew. Someone is working very hard to ensure mankind's evolution follows a particular path. Unravel the truth behind a conspiracy rooted in the foundation of the world around you as it incites a new revolution.
- A legend reborn: DEUS EX® makes its much–anticipated return delivering players an unmatched gaming experience
- Ultimate fusion of action and role-play: A unique combination of action–packed close–quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
- Multi–solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style.
- Choice and consequence: Live in a reactive world in which a multitude of approaches, paths, and tools are at the player’s disposal– each choice resulting in a consequence that affects the game dynamics and story
- Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades
- Unique visual design: Become immersed in a Cyber Renaissance setting that masterfully blends near future and Renaissance era styles
- Explore the world: Traverse numerous locales across the globe –– each with its own distinct art direction –– in Adam’s search to uncover a worldwide conspiracy
The Explosive Mission Pack
Exclusively at GameStop e/ stores
- An entirely new Mission
- Special Grenade Launcher
- M–28 Utility Remote–Detonated Explosive Device (UR–DED)
- Automatic Unlocking Device
Tactical Enhancement Pack
Offered at participating retailers
- Huntsman Silverback Double–Barrel Shotgun
- Longsword Whisperhead Silenced Sniper Rifle
- Damage weapon upgrade
- Reload speed weapon upgrade
- 10,000 extra credits
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION will be available at North American retailers at a suggested retail price of $59.99 for the Standard Edition and $69.99 for the Augmented Edition. This title is not yet rated. For more information about ratings, visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org. For more information about DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION visit www.deusex.com and join the human revolution at http://www.facebook.com/DeusEx.
About Square Enix
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 97 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 54 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.
DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. DEUS EX, DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION. DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix group of companies. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. GAMESTOP is a registered trademark of Gamestop, Inc.