Square Enix announced today a new patch is now available in WAKFU, the vibrant, tactical MMORPG currently in closed beta in North America.
The patch introduces two all-new character classes to closed beta, the Sacrier and the Xelor:
- The Sacrier: With empty eyes, tattoos engulfing their bodies and a wild desire to spill their own blood in honor of their Goddess, the Sacriers are always ready for a fight! These are characters of action, but are surprisingly capable of being subtle. Get ready to go berserk!
- The Xelor: Time is relative, and no one knows that better than a Xelor! Skilled at manipulating the flow of time, they can slow their enemies and speed up their allies. In a skilled Xelor’s hands, time itself can be a lethal weapon.
Two new “arcade” dungeon types emerge across the World of Twelve. In Time Attack dungeons, players must complete battles as quickly as possible. For those who thirst for longer fights, players can now face waves of increasingly powerful enemies in Survival dungeons. Players with the top scores will be rewarded with a statue of themselves in front of the dungeon — until someone else beats their score!
- Balanced Monsters: Monster levels have been adjusted across the World of Twelve to balance the lands of Bonta and Amakna.
- Crafting in the Haven Bag: Players can craft new recipes in the Haven Bag.
- Change is Good: More features have been added to the political system. For example, players can now view the popularity of elected governors. If this rating is very high, a statue will be erected in the Governor’s honor in the nation’s Headquarters.
- New Areas in Every Nation: A board room, a village hall and other unique rooms are now available in every nation’s capitol. In addition, new mines have been added for additional ore excavation and city sewers which allow players another route of travel from the beginner zones to the rest of the continent.
- Gunpowder from Pumpkins: Pumpkins are also available in the Cania Plains to craft gunpowder!
For additional information about these updates and more, please see the full patch notes by visiting:
WAKFU is currently in Closed Beta in North America and will enter Open Beta in the summer of 2011. Developed by Ankama and published in North America by Square Enix, WAKFU will see a simultaneous worldwide release in 2011.