LOS ANGELES (June 21, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc. and Eidos–Montreal launched the DEUS EX®: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ (DXHR) QR MISSIONS App for fans of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, wherein participants will have the opportunity to win exclusive real world prizes as well as in–game rewards. In order to join the DXHR QR MISSIONS Scavenger Hunt, fans should visit the App store on their iOS device. The first code is already available in the exclusive content section of the game’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/DeusEx). New codes will be released every week for the next seven weeks.
So, How Does It Work?
Fans should visit the App store to download the App (DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION QR MISSIONS) for their iOS device and register for the DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION QR MISSIONS. Participants must be 17–years–old or older, have an iOS device with a camera and be able to register using Facebook Connect. Participants will also have to choose their preferred gaming platform.
Once the App is installed, users can begin looking for QR Codes — both online and in the real world — in a variety of locations including marketing and public relations materials, in–store advertising, the official website and Facebook page, and more. Hints for code locations will appear on the Official Eidos–Montreal Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/eidosmontreal) as well as the game’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/DeusEx).
When a code is found, participants will use their iOS device equipped with a camera to scan it, thereby capturing that code and earning themselves (and all participants) 10 points.
So, What Can Fans Win?
The DXHR QR MISSIONS Scavenger Hunt delivers elite rewards for the fastest and most thorough code collectors as well as an amazing prize for all participants through a larger, unified goal. These prizes include:
- For each code scanned, users receive an item immediately including special game footage, secret codes to unlock in–game doors, “Augment Yourself” codes and other assets and info from the game.
- The first 1,000 participants to find 10 codes will receive an exclusive theme for their preferred platform (either the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft or the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system). These themes will be available for sale at a later date.
- If the collective score for all participants reaches 1,000,000 points before August 23 (the North American release date), all registered participants in the DXHR QR MISSIONS Scavenger Hunt will receive an exclusive item for their Xbox LIVE Avatar or for PlayStation®Home. This item will be a toy version of the in–game “B–EE Chopper” that will appear as an Avatar prop item for their Xbox LIVE Avatar and will be available as a companion that follows the user within PlayStation®Home.
- The first 10 participants to collect ALL 21 QR codes will receive the following prize package:
- One (1) copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition (system based upon original console selection)
- One (1) pair of Custom Deus Ex: Human Revolution headphones
- One (1) SQUARE ENIX PRODUCTS PLAY ARTS –KAI– Adam Jensen Action Figure
- One (1) Deus Ex: Human Revolution Limited Edition Compression Sleeve
Users can find the first code in the DXHR QR MISSIONS Scavenger Hunt on the game’s official Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/DeusEx) on the “Exclusive Content” tab. Participants must “Like” the page in order to see the code. Additional codes will be unleashed immediately.
About DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
Praised for its in–game art and cinema–quality storyline, DEUS EX is one of the most critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time; DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION will be available at North American retailers on August 23, 2011, for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, Steam®, and OnLive®.
About Square Enix
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2011 SQUARE ENIX, LTD. DEUS EX, HUMAN REVOLUTION. DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. STEAM is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. OnLive is a registered trademark of OnLive, Inc.