LOS ANGELES (July 19, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®: THE WAR OF THE LIONS® is now available for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system via the PlayStation®Network.
Since its release in 2007, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS has received stellar reviews for its graphics and gameplay from the industry’s top critics. The PlayStation®Network release of the title will give adventurers old and new the opportunity to enter the world of Ivalice and experience a land of imaginative artistic design that provides a sumptuous backdrop to a politically charged tale, where two young men endeavor to reshape the course of history.
In days long past, the War of the Lions rent the land of Ivalice in two. It is here that two young men of note first step onto history’s stage. The first is Delita Heiral, the hero who would draw the curtain on the War of the Lions, this dark act of Ivalice’s history. The other, whose role is now forgotten, is a man by the name of Ramza Beoulve. Peer through the eyes of these two young men and uncover the secrets that lie hidden within history’s darkened folds.
|Title:||FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS|
|Platform:||PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system|
- FINAL FANTASY® turns tactical: experience strategic, turn–based combat on battlefields brought to life with breathtaking art and stunning visual effects.
- Customize your characters — with 22 jobs and over 400 abilities to choose from, the range of tactical options open to you in combat is truly astounding.
- Uncover secret truths hidden within a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal, heresy, love and heroism.
- Recruit legendary SQUARE ENIX characters to your party, including Balthier from FINAL FANTASY XII and Cloud from FINAL FANTASY VII.
- Watch key scenes unfold through gorgeous, cutting-edge animation.
- Immerse yourself in a captivating score from Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata, the composers of FINAL FANTASY XII.
- Fight against your friends in wireless melee, or team up with them for co–op missions.
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. For more information, please visit the official website: http://www.square-enix.com/na/game/psn.
About Square Enix
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.
© 2007–2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, THE WAR OF THE LIONS, the FINAL FANTASY TACTICS logo, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.