LOS ANGELES (August 23, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announces DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ is now available at retailers.
The return of one of the most revered video game franchises of all time, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is an action RPG that offers open–ended, hybrid gameplay. The game is playable today on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC platforms, Steam®, and OnLive®.
"With the release of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, Eidos–Montreal has reached a huge milestone in the development and delivery of our first game," said Stephane D'Astous, general manager of Eidos–Montreal. "We could not be more proud of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and are incredibly excited for gamers to finally be able to experience this captivating story and unique, unparalleled gameplay."
Already receiving critical acclaim, including a score of 94 out of 100 from PC Gamer magazine, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION offers players multiple and vastly different ways to play. Challenging the foundations of gaming, this video game provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION weaves a deeply emotive and captivating story, taking place in the year 2027 — a time of great innovation in neuroprosthetics, but also a time of chaos, conspiracy and a new social divide. Gamers play as Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his own choice, who finds himself in the middle of a mysterious, global plot to which he holds the key.
- A legend reborn: DEUS EX® makes its much‐anticipated return delivering players an unmatched gaming experience
- Ultimate fusion of action and role–play: A unique combination of action–packed close–quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
- Multi–solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style.
- Choice and consequence: Live in a reactive world in which a multitude of approaches, paths, and tools are at the player's disposal– each choice resulting in a consequence that affects the game dynamics and story
- Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges, utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades
- Unique visual design: Become immersed in a Cyber Renaissance setting that masterfully blends near future and Renaissance era styles
- Explore the world: Traverse numerous locales across the globe — each with its own distinct art direction — in Adam's search to uncover a worldwide conspiracy
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is available in standard and limited Augmented editions. The Augmented Edition features a bevy of content, including:
- Exclusive bonus DVD featuring a 44–minute "making of" special, game soundtrack, motion–comic (adapted from DC's official series), the E3 trailer and animated storyboard
- 40–page art book
Purchasers of the PC retail packaged version of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION will be entitled to a free OnLive digital copy of the game giving them unprecedented freedom at an exceptional value. Owners of the game will be able to play not only on their home gaming PC, but also on nearly any PC or Mac® computer—as well as TVs with the OnLive Game System and, in the future, on iPad® and Android tablets—by simply signing in to the OnLive Game Service.
For more information about DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION visit www.deusex.com and join the human revolution at http://www.facebook.com/DeusEx. To purchase officially licensed DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION clothing and accessories, visit: www.deusex-store.com.
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2011 SQUARE ENIX, LTD. DEUS EX, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION. DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. STEAM is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. OnLive is a registered trademark of OnLive, Inc. iPad and MAC are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.